[Samba] Unable to add group to ACL

Sean Barmettler seanb at televox.com
Wed Dec 22 17:26:28 GMT 2004

I'm having the same issue.  Currently I use these values to work around this in the mean time:

Admin users = @"Group I want to access it", @"Domain Admins"
Valid users = @"Group I want to access it", @"Domain Admins"

This way the administrators (well, me) can control the shares, and anybody in the particular group (department in this case) can fully access the share.  I have posix acl's enabled in the kernel, the share is mounted in fstab with "acl" in it, and I have nt acl whatever = yes in smb.cfg.  I haven't figured it out yet either :/