[Samba] Samba 3.0.10 ADS setup issue

Jon Starbird jcstar at streamtheory.com
Wed Dec 22 02:56:15 GMT 2004

Follow up:

Sorry to have bothered all, after signing up to the list I was able to
look at other archives but didn't do so until after I sent the email I
found a post with the following link in it which had a helpful little
piece in it.

http://www.kurai.org/~gdunn/samba3-ad/fbsd_samba.html

Hope all have a good holiday.

Thanks,
Jon

Jon Starbird wrote:
> I am attempting to setup Samba 3.0.10 on a Windows 2000 Active Directory
> domain. The problem I'm having is getting Samba to configure correctly
> to get the Kerberos library.
> I've gone through previous posts and have tried doing what others
> suggested but I still keep getting the error of:
>
> "configure: error: libkrb5 is needed for Active Directory support"
>
> The current configure params I'm using are:
>
> "./configure --with-ads=yes --with-krb5=/usr/lib"
>
> I've tried many different path entries, left out the path info with just
> the first option, nothing works I keep getting the exact error. It just
> never can find the Kerberos files.
> I've tried installing Kerberos 5 via Pkg_add, I've also downloaded and
> compiled it, this latest attempt is with Heimdal 0.6.3 being complied
> from source.
> Here is dump of a find for libkrb5* on the system:
>
> ./usr/local/lib/libkrb5.so.20
> ./usr/local/lib/libkrb5.so
> ./usr/local/lib/libkrb5.a
> ./usr/lib/libkrb5.a
> ./usr/lib/libkrb5_p.a
> ./usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3
> ./usr/lib/libkrb5.so
> ./usr/src/heimdal/heimdal-0.6.3/lib/krb5/.libs/libkrb5.lai
> ./usr/src/heimdal/heimdal-0.6.3/lib/krb5/.libs/libkrb5.a
> ./usr/src/heimdal/heimdal-0.6.3/lib/krb5/.libs/libkrb5.la
> ./usr/src/heimdal/heimdal-0.6.3/lib/krb5/libkrb5.la
> ./usr/src/krb5/krb5-1.3.6/src/lib/krb5/libkrb5.a
> ./usr/src/krb5/krb5-1.3.6/src/lib/libkrb5.a
> ./usr/heimdal/lib/libkrb5.la
> ./usr/heimdal/lib/libkrb5.a
>

> I have pointed the configure param to all of the above, including the
> source ones (I'm getting desperate!).
>

> So please someone help! Let me know if you need more info.
>

> Many thanks in advance.
>

> Jon

Jon Starbird
Streamologist