[Samba] funny stuff in autostart and password change

Maximilian Ebert max.ebert at titoly.de
Mon Dec 20 21:06:15 GMT 2004

hi list,
when i log in the first time to my samba pdc everything is nice. when i
logout and relogion i got i file called "desktop" in the autostart of
the windows xp clients. does somebody knows why?

i got this in my smb.conf to change the password:

character set = ISO8859-15
add user script = useradd -d /tmp -s /dev/false %u
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Reenter*new*password* %n\n
*Password*changed*
unix password sync = Yes

but when i want to change my password in windows xp he tells me the i ve
not the rights to change my password.

my hole smb.conf is this:

[global]
# Identifikation des Servers und der Arbeitsgruppe
workgroup =  injoloba
netbiosname = SAMBA_PDC
server string = Samba %v (PDC) @ injoloba

# Grundeinstellungen für die einzelnen Shares. Um eine höhere Sicherheit
zu gewähren, wird global erst einmal alles verboten und in den
jeweiligen Shares die Rechte dann vergeben
browseable = no
public = no
writeable = no
guest ok = no

# Die Log-Files für Samba
log file = /var/log.%m

# Die Definition des PDC´s
domain master = yes
prefered domain = yes
domain logons = yes
os level = 65
security = user

# LogON Einstellungen für Windows XP
logon drive = z:
logon script = %U.bat

# Passwort Einstellungen
encrypt passwords = yes
update encrypted = yes
password level = 4

# Die Administratoren des PDC
domain admin users = root

# Performance Einstellungen
short preserve case = yes
max log size = 5000
case sensitive = no
default case = lower
mangle case = no
dead time = 15
read raw = yes
write raw = yes
socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
oplocks = yes
fake oplocks = no
debug level = 2
preserve case = yes
getwd cache = yes

character set = ISO8859-15
add user script = useradd -d /tmp -s /dev/false %u
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Reenter*new*password* %n\n
*Password*changed*
unix password sync = Yes

[homes]
path = /home/%u
comment = Benutzer-Verzeichnisse
browseable = yes
writeable = yes

[netlogon]
path = /home/netlogon
browseable = no
writeable = no
comment = NetLogON

[public]path = /home/publicbrowseable = yeswriteable = yesguest ok =
yespublic = yescomment = Öffentlicher Ordner