[Samba] Re: Minor annoyances: Samba 3.0.2/Win2k and WinXP

Collins, Kevin KCollins at nesbittengineering.com
Mon Dec 20 16:54:17 GMT 2004

Lueck, Micheal wrote:

Collins, Kevin wrote:

>> My network is
>> controlled by a Red Hat ES 3 server running Samba 3.0.2...

> Samba 3.0.2 IS pretty old these days... I'd suggest taking the time to get
> up to 3.0.9 and then seeing where you stand. Remember to test on non
> production servers when at all possible, or stock up on
> pizza and H2O! ;-)
>
> --
> Michael Lueck
> Lueck Data Systems

Ok, after some testing, this weekend we upgraded our Samba servers to 3.0.9.
In our lab, the symptoms described in the "Laptop" section of the original
posting went away.  We did duplicate this with 3.0.2 in our lab, and an
upgrade to 3.0.7 is where the problem actually stopped.  We went ahead and
tested 3.0.9 as well, as this is the version that Red Hat is pushing with
"up2date".  Again, the problem did not manifest itself.

The upgrade came off without a hitch.  All of my machines were working as
normal this morning.

Until about 3 minutes ago.  One of our Laptop Users were forced offline
again.  This time, he actually lost work because of the "syncing" process.

So needless to say, it's back on top of my 'Giant List O'things to Fix'.

So, besides the information contained in the original post
(http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-December/096759.html), what more
is needed to continue down the path to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin