[Samba] Domain password server not available

john.debella at teradyne.com john.debella at teradyne.com
Mon Dec 20 14:28:18 GMT 2004

We are running samba 3.0.7-1.3E.1in an AD domain which is running a PDC
emulator. The samba servers are configured with "security = domain" and on
some servers the password server is specified while on others we are using
*.

We very frequently see the following messages in the log files of the
servers.

"domain_client_validate: Domain password server not available"

Typically we can count on an smbd process to panic at the same time.

We've spoken to the admins of the PDC emulators and they claim that the
servers are ok.

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas what would cause this?

-John