[Samba] file recovery

Josh Dickens josh at onlycreative.net
Mon Dec 20 03:32:27 GMT 2004

i tried to save a flash file back onto my freebsd server running samba
and when i hit save, windows xp gave some message but i hit enter to
quickly to see what it said. it was basically saying that i could not
save over a previous file for some reason.

so i closed the file i was trying to save and went to look for the file
that was there on the server and it's no longer there. so i have no file
anymore. i didn't delete it. but it's not there. i desperately need to
recover this file. if there somewhere I can look in the file system? Or
does samba put files somewhere that I don't know?

i tried file recovery in windows xp, but nothing can find the file. is
there anyway to do file recovery on samba running in freebsd 4.10.

thanks,
josh

--
Josh Dickens