[Samba] RHEL3 3.0.9 Release & Active Directory Membership

Ben Vaughan benvon at iastate.edu
Fri Dec 17 19:26:46 GMT 2004

Hello Christian,

Here at Iowa State, we have experienced exactly this behavior, although
we haven't noticed any of my samba servers loosing their domain
membership.  It appears that samba is still functioning via the rpc
methods.

We compiled samba.org's srpms and haven't had any problems.

I can't verify this right now, but I recall having this same problem
with RH's 3.0.7 package.  I'm still digging to see if that was indeed
the case.

We are running Samba with an AD in native 2000 mode.  We are beginning
the transition to AD 2003.  We have about 3 dozen or so samba servers in
our domain.

Let me know if you need any more help or testing or whatever.

Thanks,

Ben Vaughan

Ben Vaughan
Engineering Computing Support Services