[Samba] RE: Using samba on two domains

Van Strydonck, Niki nvanstrydonck at hayes-lemmerz.com
Fri Dec 17 10:11:32 GMT 2004

Hello all,
Thought I'd let you know what I've been trying in addition to the mail below to get this thing to work. This morning, I installed a second copy of the samba server, and got it to run simultaneously with the existing one. ss1 serves DOM1 and ss2 serves DOM2. ss2 has a copy of the smb.conf file for ss1, only with the workgroup changed to DOM2. Both servers use the same smbpasswd file.

Using the same WIN98SE computer, when logged in on domain DOM1, I can access ss1, however, when on the same computer logged in on domain DOM2, I still get invalid password to ss2.

A bit of information I forgot to mention in my mail. The webserver, which for now has a testpage on it, is accessible on DOM1 through http://ss1/ and it also works on DOM2 through http://ss2/ so the error is not network related.

Greetings,
Niki Van Strydonck