[Samba] Re: print$ worked in 3.0.7, broken after upgrading to 3.0.9

Jeff Umbach jeff at theserverpos.com
Thu Dec 16 20:34:15 GMT 2004

Well, my problem has changed.

I rolled back to Samba 3.0.7 and the issue was still there, telling me
that it was a case of corrupted printer drivers in the print$ share most
likely.  I tried to recopy them in there manually but that didn't work,
so I deleted them and reinstalled the drivers using the WinXP Add
Printer Driver Wizard.

This worked and now all computers can download drivers automatically,
but to my puzzlement the print$ share is still empty.  I looked in the
directory that it is connected with, /usr/local/samba/printers, but it
was empty.

So now the drivers are out there, but where?  I'm going to examine the
server but does anyone have any ideas or have seen this kind of behavior
before?