[Samba] Trusted domain problem (maybe networking)

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Thu Dec 16 19:32:38 GMT 2004

I finally ran into a problem with domain trusts that was solved by doing
the following:

resolve hosts order = wins lmhosts hosts

...in smb.conf

and:

XX.XX.XX.XX DOMA#1b
XX.XX.XX.XX DOMA#1c

in lmhosts for DOMB... and the opposite for DOMA. This seemed to work
properly. 1B is apparently for PDC and 1c is for login server.

HTH,

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - User Support Spec. III
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630