[Samba] CAN-2004-1154 : Integer overflow could lead to remote code execution in Samba 2.x, 3.0.x <= 3.0.9

David Schlenk david-schlenk at bethel.edu
Thu Dec 16 16:17:29 GMT 2004

Today's security patch doesn't work if you also want to use the
printing patch for 3.0.9 mentioned recently on this list.
Build error:

Linking bin/smbd
printing/printing.o(.text+0x2d4b): In function `print_queue_update':
printing/printing.c:1421: undefined reference to `smb_xmalloc'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/smbd] Error 1

This is patching with the printing patch first, followed by the
security patch, using the %patch macros of rpm.  I'll try the other way
around, but it takes awhile on my slow test box, so I thought I'd see
if anyone had any success building with both patches.