[Samba] NTLM_AUTH "require-membership-of" local groups?

Sorisio, Chris ChrisSorisio at PeakTechnical.com
Wed Dec 15 15:52:55 GMT 2004

I'm running Samba 3.0.9 on Fedora Core.

I can authenticate against global groups via ntlm_auth, but authentication
against local groups fails.

Our network consists of multiple NT 4.0 domains.

1.  Can ntlm_auth authenticate against local groups, or is it limited to
global groups?

2.  Can multiple global groups be designated as arguments to
'require-membership-of' in an 'OR' fashion?  (If the user is a member of any
of the listed groups, the check succeeds.

We're going to consolidate our domains "someday", but for now I'm stuck with
about six.

Thanks,

Chris