[Samba] Trusted domain problem (maybe networking)
misty at borkholder.com
Wed Dec 15 14:12:48 GMT 2004
On Tuesday 14 December 2004 21:36, you wrote:
> I set remote browse sync to the 'broadcast' address of the remote
> Network A 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 broadcast address is 192.168.0.255
> Network B 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 broadcast address is 192.168.1.255
> smb.conf on server on Network A
> remote browse sync = 192.168.1.255
> smb.conf on server on Network B
> remote browse sync = 192.168.0.255
I had it like this at first. I've put it back for shits and giggles.
> and lastly, clients are set to use wins server
This is already in place via dhcpd.
> and dhcpd of clients sets 'option netbios-node-type 8;' #broadcast
I've put this in just for fun. But by the way, I am trying the nmblookup
command on the Samba servers themselves, which also act as DHCP servers and
hence do not use DHCP to get their IP information.
> Make your changes, shutdown samba, delete wins.dat and restart samba
Can't do this until after 5PM today. I will let y'all know the results. I
didn't try deleting wins.dat yesterday.
More information about the samba