[Samba] Winbind + NIS + winbind trusted domains

Christoph Scheeder christoph.scheeder at scheeder.de
Wed Dec 15 10:36:38 GMT 2004

Hi,
that behavior is logical correct, i would say.
What happens is:
the user is found from nis, and gets an userid not from the winbind-range.
As a result samba is not able to verify this uid against the AD, as it
is not an AD-user-id.
i guess to achive what you want you would have to add the nis-users to
the local smbpasswd-database with the correct username and password and
tell samba to loock up users first in local database and then in AD.
But i don't know if this is possible, i never tried it.

question to the developpers,

IF the AD-mode is implemented as a normal TDB-Backend i guess it would
work, but i think this is a little bit a diffrent beast, isn't it?
wouldn't it be a nifty feature for futere versions of samba, giving it
much more flexibility?
Christoph