[Samba] Trusted domain problem (maybe networking)

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at borkholder.com
Tue Dec 14 22:57:36 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 16:57, Ryan Novosielski wrote:
> I do the same thing. I would set your remote browse sync, however, to the
> "other" server.
>
> What I do on my two WINS servers (on different campuses) is:
>
> On server A:
> remote browse sync = serverb.ip.address.here
> On server B:
> remote browse sync = servera.ip.address.here

I tried this and still it does not work.  The funny thing is that tcpdump does
show me some netbios traffic between the two servers but it doesn't seem to
be the -right- traffic.  'nmblookup' does not work across the subnets for
some reason.  I even tried adding a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 into the
interfaces directive so that the nmb's would listen on both 192.168.1.x and
192.168.2.x, but still no dice.

Misty