[Samba] Re: 3.0.9 homes share and read-only MS Excel files

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Dec 14 20:58:31 GMT 2004

Michael Wynne wrote:

> After some experimenting I've found that disabling nt acl support seems
> to eliminate this problem, though it creates other problems not to have
> acls enabled. <snip>  It's also interesting that this does not
> seem to affect any other file shares on the server.

Hang on, checking meaning of your words here...

Excel has no issue with other shares, or simply the other programs that use those other shares are fine... thus neither appliaction nor share remained constant between your two comparisions?

Are your param's to each share equiv, or differences there too?

I've heard some acl related issues with M$ Office before in previous versions... maybe back around 3.0.4 to 3.0.6 range.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems