[Samba] Samba 3.0.9 doesn't remove printjobs ?

t.pompe at architekt-prinz.at t.pompe at architekt-prinz.at
Tue Dec 14 17:24:57 GMT 2004

Hello!
I'm using samba with CUPS printing (with raw passthru)
for a long time now and it worked very well.

But after upgrading my samba installation from 3.0.2 to 3.0.9,
the printjobs (sent from XP Workstations) aren't
removed from the joblist anymore.
Means: the job is printed correctly, but opening the
printqueue on the XP machine still contains the job
(not only mine, but jobs from every user who sent one).
When I now delete them manually, they're gone.

Since I can't find any remaining SMB or CUPS spool-files,
(thought about missing access rights for deletion)
I don't know what to look for.

The only error message I found is:
tdb(/var/lib/samba/printing/Kyocera7000.tdb): rec_read bad magic 0xd9fee666 at offset=26084
in /var/log/samba/smbd (but I got this message sometimes before the upgrade too ...)

Thanks for some hints on that (2) problem(s)
Thomas