[Samba] real owner of files inside smb share

muetze303 at gmx.li muetze303 at gmx.li
Tue Dec 14 13:12:13 GMT 2004

Is it possible to retrieve the real owner/group of a file? When I mount a
win share the command "ls -l" shows me for example:
drwxr-xr-x  2 root   root  4096  9. Dez 13:53 dummy

Actualy, root is not the owner nor the group of the file on the win machine.
Maybe there is some automatical mapping between the SID (on the windows
side) and the UID (on the Linux side)?

My Problem is that I have to check (on the Linux machine) the permissions of
a windows user whether he is allowed to access a specific file or not.

Maybe somebody of you knows a solution for my little problem!?

Thanks in advance ...

Muetze303

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!