[Samba] tdbsam and variables

Marc Petitmermet petitmermet at mat.ethz.ch
Tue Dec 14 08:31:05 GMT 2004

> Not quite! The smb.conf setting is used in creating the user account
> entry in
> tdbsam.

Yes, I forgot this one. But when adding a user I end up with entries
like the following:

Profile Path:  \\myserver\myuser\.profile.UNKNOWN\profile.pds

This is not really useful, is it? And when I correct it to be

Profile Path:  \\myserver\myuser\.profile.%a\profile.pds

".profile.%a" folders are created. Not very useful either. I've just
the feeling that with tdbsam (and ldapsam?) we have lost all the
dynamic features (%H, %u, %L, etc.). Can anybody confirm this or am I
wrong? And why isn't there a fall back to the settings in smb.conf when
something is not defined in tdbsam? This would be really helpful.

Regards,
Marc