[Samba] "No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe"

Bill S bspicuzza at dsbsi.com
Mon Dec 13 22:32:36 GMT 2004

Hello Samba folks,

    A couple years ago I installed Samba 2.2.0 on our HP9000 running hpux
10.20.
I am now trying to install it on a customer's HP9000 and am getting the
error
"No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe" while executing the
configure command. I got that error a couple years ago and resolved it by
linking /usr/bin/cc and /opt/ansic/bin/cc but that is not working this time.
I also
tried linking /usr/bin/cc and /usr/ccs/bin/cc but that did not work either.
Any
ideas?

- Bill