[Samba] Re: domain admin issue *solved*

Heinrich Rebehn rebehn at ant.uni-bremen.de
Mon Dec 13 18:16:18 GMT 2004

Trey Nolen wrote:

> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=1bKKG-3JE-47%40gated-at.bofh.it&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dsamba%2Bdomain%2Badmins%2Bproblem%26ie%3DUTF-8%26hl%3Den%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch
>
>>Bottom line:
>>
>>Stop samba, delete group_mapping.tdb *and* secrets.tdb, start samba.
>>
>>Make sure you have a backup of secrets.tdb, at least on production
>
> servers.
>
>>The clients probably have to rejoin the domain after deleting secrets.tdb.
>>It's also possible that the tdb-files are in different directories if you
>
> are trying
>
>>out different versions/distributions of samba. XP-clients also cache the
>
> ten latest logins
>
>>by default to add to the confusion...
>>Other than that I have never had problems with the "Domain Admins"-stuff
>
> working on the client with any samba 3.0.x.
>

> This got it.  The trick was deleting the secrets.tdb as well.  I still don't
> know why it didn't work the first time, but I it si working now. Thanks for
> the help.
>
> Trey Nolen

Thanks for this tip. This also fixed the problem for me. I had been
looking for days.. So this still happens with Samba 3.08.

--

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341