[Samba] SMBFS - Input/Output Errors on Save - Kernel => 2.6.8

Darryl darrylb_au44 at yahoo.com.au
Mon Dec 13 03:08:22 GMT 2004

I have a Debian (Unstable) workstation which accesses Samba shared directories
on a Mitel Server via smbfs mounts.  All worked well up to an incuding kernel
2.6.7.  After upgrading to 2.6.9 I found that trying to save a file to the share
in Open Office resulted in an input/output error.  I found this also extends to
other programs.  Subsequent experimentation reveals that the problem commences
with Kernel 2.6.8 and extends to 2.6.9.  The same server setup that works with
2.6.7 is broken with 2.6.8 and 2.6.9.

I've gone back to running 2.6.7 but would like to update when the problem is
solved.  Does anyone have any idea of what changes to the Kernel might have
caused the problem, and how it might be fixed?

regards,

Darryl