[Samba] Re: Samba PDC print share

Florin Vlaicu florinvlaicu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 18:07:29 GMT 2004

I am trying to share a printer from samba to windows clients. I am
using the cups subsystem.
As a printer I am using Canon LBP 1120. I have found and installed the
drivers from the japanese site, and I can print from linux directly on
it.

I managed to add the CUPS postscript drivers to the print$ share, and
the printer installs on the clients without any problems. I have also
set up the default preferneces of the printer to initiialize it.

The problem is that after I print something from the clients I cannot
print anything on the printer. I can see the job in the que but it
doesn't do anything.

I can't print on linux either after this.

PS. sorry for the first message instead if saving it I pressed send :P