[Samba] corrupt print files
G.Gersdorf at tu-bs.de
Fri Dec 10 14:52:17 GMT 2004
I have a very strange problem with printing. When a large file is send
from my Windows PC (XP Service Pack 2) to a samba printer, the files on
the Server are corrupt. To check it out, i created a special file and used
a command like 'copy file \\printserver\printer' from the Windows
It turns out that
- the size of the files on the server is correct
- most of the time (but not always) the files has one or more areas of
- the corrupt areas have fixed sizes, mostly 28280 bytes
- the position of the corrupt areas are always different
- these areas are not garbage, but (in the case of 28280 bytes) the first
16580 bytes and the last 11700 bytes have changed their place.
This happened on two different samba system with samba 3.0.7 and samba
3.0.9. But it did not happen, if i copy the same file onto a file-share
(which points to the very same directory as the print-share).
And it happens only on my computer!!!!.
No other computer (with WinNT, Win2k, WinXP-SP1 or WinXP-SP2) in my domain
seems to have this problem.
Inst. f. Werkzeugmachinen, TU Braunschweig, Germany
More information about the samba