[Samba] ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers vs ou=Users

Beast beast at beantransactions.com
Fri Dec 10 06:04:18 GMT 2004

John Schmerold wrote:
> The SBMLDAP howto (
> http://www.idealx.org/prj/samba/smbldap-howto.en.html ) states that:
>    ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
>
> Is the correct approach to defining machines in the LDAP directory. Yet
> the advise offered by this group seems to be that, no we should be using :
>    ldap machine suffix = ou=Users

issue is with the system itself, not with samba. so basically you can
use any container for machines as long as your system is able to find it.

if you're using pam_ldap from padl, just put a comment on

base dc=example,dc=com
scope sub
#nss_base_passwd        ou=People,dc=example,dc=com?one
#nss_base_shadow        ou=People,dc=example,dc=com?one
nss_base_group          ou=Group,dc=example,dc=com?one
..

or if from server you can do :

[root at barbie root]# id raptor$
uid=10096(raptor$) gid=2005(myws) groups=2005(myws)

then samba will satisfied.

--

--beast