[Samba] ADS Authentication

Christoph Scheeder christoph.scheeder at scheeder.de
Thu Dec 9 08:24:36 GMT 2004

Hi again,
the answer is simple :  you don't need "net groupmap" at all.
thats what the id-ranges in smb.conf are for:
the ADS-users and the ADS-groups are mapped by winbind to
user /group id's from the ranges specified and era presented
by nsswitch to the os like any other user group from local
files or nis.
This means if you want a dir "SomeDir" to be owed by lets say "domain-users"
do a
    chown someuser.domain-users SomeDir
thats all you need.

same for acls, just use the ADS-group like any unix-group.
Christoph