[Samba] Reality Check -> Roaming Profiles

Alex Satrapa alex.satrapa at anu.edu.au
Thu Dec 9 06:26:01 GMT 2004

On 9 Dec 2004, at 16:47, Eric Lester wrote:

> Furthermore, I set the browser cache limit to 20MB.  This is also
> lockable with the Group Policy editor.

The biggest problem for me - by far - is Mozilla storing its cache in
the "Documents and Settings" folder. Rather than fiddle with cache
size, I'd like to be able to point the browser at C:\tmp\username (and
/tmp/username in the case of Mozilla on unix-like platforms, or
Konqueror under KDE) for its cache instead. Cache doesn't *really* need
to be copied between machines.

I guess I should submit a feature request!

> And -- Thanks be to Zeus or whoever -- we don't use Outlook.  Yet

I'm ->this<- far away from having my mail server refuse connections
from Outlook clients. They only ever send me viruses anyway. But that's
a different topic for a different forum.

Alex