[Samba] Re: no security info sent !

Mark Nienberg gmane at tippingmar.com
Thu Dec 9 01:33:01 GMT 2004

Chuck Theobald wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> You may be able to reduce the size of your log files by an appropriate
> setting for log level in your smb.conf file, somthing like "log level
> winbind:0" may work.  Also, the messages point to acl usage, are these
> enabled on your system?

I'm not using winbind.  Do these log entries relate to winbind?  As I
said, it only occurs for one user. I'll try setting the winbind log
level to 0 as you suggested.

If you mean does the system support posix acls, then no.  This is a
standard Fedora Core 1 system and I'm using the Fedora rpm version of
samba (from Fedora, not from Samba).  I do have "nt acl support = yes"
in smb.conf.

Thanks