[Samba] Joining ADS errors when using net ads join command

Ryan.Worthington at westam.com Ryan.Worthington at westam.com
Wed Dec 8 20:53:43 GMT 2004

Dear Samba Gurus,

I've been R'ing TFM but I can't seem to find any help with this problelm.
When I attempt to get samba to join the active directory domain I get the
following error message:

[2004/12/08 14:42:51, 0] libads/kerberos.c:get_service_ticket(335)
  get_service_ticket: kerberos_kinit_password
BOBA-FETT$@WESTAM-US.CORP at WESTAM-US.CORP failed: Client not found in
Kerberos database
Bus Error

I have an account created in the active directory server, so I have no
idea why its coming back with Client not found. Does the repetition of the
realm (i.e. my.realm at myrealm) make sense? If that is what is causing the
server to deny the kerberos certificate, where would I look to find the
replication?
Also, what would cause the bus error warning?

Thank you in advance
--
Ryan Worthington
<names changed to protect the guilty>

This message is confidential and may be privileged. It is
intended solely for the named  addressee. If you are not the
intended recipient please inform us. Any unauthorised
dissemination, distribution or copying hereof is prohibited.
As we cannot guarantee the  genuineness or completeness of
the information contained in this message, the statements
set forth above are not legally binding.