[Samba] Re: SAMBA or CUPS printing an extra page

Robert M. Martel bob at urban.csuohio.edu
Wed Dec 8 20:48:08 GMT 2004

I had this problem with Cups and samba and it ended up being a mis-match
  on the printer options.  The printers were able to print duplex and
the the default for CUPS on the server was duplex and the default for
the windows driver was simplex (or was it the other way around?  I can't
recall at the moment - getting old I guess.)

Anyway, once the default for CUPS and the default for MS  Windows had
the same setting the extra page issue went away.

It was interesting because not every print job printed an extra page,
only print jobs that had an odd number of pages to print generated the
blank page.

This was using the CUPS-Samba drivers with driver download from the
print server.

-Bob
Bob Martel,System Administrator  I met someone who looks a lot like you
Levin College of Urban Affairs   She does the things you do
Cleveland State University       But she is an IBM
(216) 687-2214
bob at urban.csuohio.edu                                -Jeff Lynne