[Samba] ADS Authentication

Christoph Scheeder christoph.scheeder at scheeder.de
Wed Dec 8 17:12:30 GMT 2004

first:

STOP,

you want your samba-server to be a membersever in ADS, do you?,

then *remove* *all* bits referencing ldap from your smb.conf.

you entrust all user and groupmanagment to ADS via winbindd
and only via winbindd.

second:
you have configured winbindd not to give you the domain part
from ADS by setting:

winbindd use default domain = Yes

set it to no and you will get the domain part for your
domain users/groups

third:
don't use "/" as domain-seperator in linux/unix.
it has special meaning (path-seperator) and using it probably  will give
you strange problems.

Christoph