[Samba] Samba doesn't show in Windows

M. Aftab Alam a_alam at web.de
Wed Dec 8 16:18:50 GMT 2004

Hello guys,

I have got my samba server as PDC run and it worked well. I could see the machine in a windows explorer and the linux users could login into the windows.
Now, suddenly, I can't see samba server in windows explorer any more, but linux users can still log in the windows machines. I can ping from the samba server and it works. When I run
#smbclient -L localhost
I get the error:
protocol negotiation failed

As I am new to Samba, would appreciate, if someone could help me.

Cheers
Alam