[Samba] smbd hung processes - Samba 3.0.7

john.debella at teradyne.com john.debella at teradyne.com
Wed Dec 8 16:15:26 GMT 2004

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the reply. I'll check this if it reoccurs again.

We've turned off strict locking to see if this helps. This was on a hunch
that it was a lock issue.

To answer your question, the access to the main share on this server is
via the automounter to a local directory. For example the automount map
/hwnet/ccvobs mounts /export/vobs on this server. The share [vobs] is
mapped to /hwnet/vobs. The default timeout is 60 seconds and we do see the
automounter expire and remount this mount point frequently. While we're
not re-exporting this file system there are certainly times when the
automounter will apparently unmount and remount it.

Note: that during the "event" the filesystem is available both locally and
via the automounter.

-John

"Gerald (Jerry) Carter" <jerry at samba.org>
12/08/2004 11:04 AM