[Samba] Roaming profiles - exclude Application Data from roaming profile

Brett Carruthers bcarruthers at iii.net.au
Wed Dec 8 01:19:13 GMT 2004

Thanks rruegner,

We run IMAP for the email but for the torrents of previous email
migrated over we decided to not import all of it back into IMAP (which
reduces useless mail and gives the people a chance to clean their email
out). I have administrative control of the entire network and would have
liked to apply a active directory policy or likewise to not include the
Application Data directory in the profiles - I just don't know how to do it.

Thanks for the info regarding resetting thunderbirds storage location, I
have actually already done that with several clients but am looking for
a more long term solution which requires less configuration at the
client end. I haven't touched firebird yet which will also be a problem
- I hadn't attended to that one.

I would still like to know how to exclude the Application Data from
roaming profiles on a whole samba server basis. Also, how hard is it to
have some users not use a roaming profile but others continuing to use a
roaming profile?

Regards,
Brett