[Samba] Pdf printer by mail with samba 3.0.9-1

Mitch (WebCob) mitch at webcob.com
Wed Dec 8 01:02:37 GMT 2004

[Mitch says:] ok... after looking at Adam's and Hamish's work, and making it
fit our setup (file system, folders, etc.) I have it working - kinda ;-)

The printer is detectable, and when prompted, I selected an HP2500C PS
driver and boom - when I print, I get a PDF file in the expected place...
BUT, the printer shows up in the printers lists as "Access denied, unable to
connect"?!?!

Obviously I can connect or I wouldn't be able to print... So I guess it has
something to do with the control and queue info...

I looked at both your scripts, and config settings and came up with my own -
note though I have done nothing to activate lpd or change printcap - I
didn't see this mentioned - I assume it is a non-issue...

One of you had:
        lpq command = lpq -P'%p'
        lprm command = lprm -P'%p' %j
        lppause command = lpc hold '%p' %j
        lpresume command = lpc release '%p' %j
        queuepause command = lpc stop '%p'
        queueresume command = lpc start '%p'
And one had only lpq and lprm with nothing after the = - I tried both
ways?!?!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

m/