[Samba] Roaming profiles - exclude Application Data from roaming profile

rruegner robert at ruegner.org
Wed Dec 8 00:17:44 GMT 2004

Brett Carruthers schrieb:

> Hello All,
>
> I have a problem with my roaming profiles where they are becoming too
> large due to the Thunderbird mail accounts (stored by default) in
> Application Data. What I would like to do is exclude this directory
> from being part of the roaming profile. How can I do this?
>
> Also, how hard is it to have some users not use a roaming profile but
> others continuing to use a roaming profile? We have some laptop users
> that don't need roaming but office staff which do benefit from the use
> of roaming profiles.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Brett Carruthers

Hi,
choose the folder of storing mail file in the account settings of
thunderbird , or better use
imap if possible 8 so you dont have to download mail )
consult thunderbird help faqs,

if you got in trouble with firebird cache, you can set another folder
for cache in default.ini ( i thought this was the name , look in the
help files here too )
or minimize it, this should solve profile problems.

a good place for all this stuff may be the home directory of the user on
the samba server , or a place on clients computer local storage
if this fits to your security

Regards