[Samba] smbclinet winpopup and alternatives?

Mitch (WebCob) mitch at webcob.com
Tue Dec 7 23:30:26 GMT 2004

Ok this works:

/usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient -U Administrator \\\\DC1\\C$
<file:///\\\DC1\C$>

I can sign in and do normal smbclient stuff.

I can't so far figure out how to send a message though.

/usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient -M DC1

/usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient -M DC1 -I 10.1.0.6

/usr/local/samba/bin/nmblookup DC1

querying DC1 on 10.255.255.255

10.1.0.6 DC1<00>

SOME.PUBLIC.ADDRESS DC1<00>

DC1 is running 2003 server.

Ideally, I'd like to send a message to a USER - not a machine - like you can
in Windows itself from Terminal Services Manager. With Terminal Server, a
machine may have many simultaneous logged in users.

Can this be done? What am I missing so far?

Thanks.

m/