[Samba] WRONG_PASSWORD

John Allen John.Allen at noaa.gov
Tue Dec 7 20:48:15 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have just moved my samba 3.0.8 PDC from a Solaris 2.8 machine to a
SUSE 9.1 machine.

I moved passwd. group, smb.conf and everything in ../private.  Things
seemed to be going fine until
some of my user could no longer login to the domain.  The samba log
indicates "NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD". I have deleted and recreated both
the unix and the domain accounts to no avail.  Below is the pertenent
part of the smb.conf file.

    [global]
    netbios name = sebastes
    workgroup = SCBACKUP
    encrypt passwords = yes

    domain master = yes
    local master = yes
    preferred master = yes
    os level = 65

     socket options = TCP_NODELAY

    log file = /var/log/samba.log
    log level = 2
    max log size = 10000

    security = user
    domain logons = yes
    passdb backend = tdbsam

    logon script = logon.bat

#    logon home = \\%L\%U

    logon drive = U:

    time server = yes

Thanks,

John Allen
john.allen at noaa.gov
    add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd  -d /dev/null -g 300 -s
/bin/false %u

[netlogon]
    path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon
    read only = yes