[Samba] unable to change password in winxp using ctrl+alt+delete

jason lee jasonlee at heavenbridge.com
Tue Dec 7 19:18:59 GMT 2004

Hello i am new to using the mailing list system.

I have my samba 3.0.9 configured as a PDC in my home network, and winxp
professional are installed on the clients with service pack 2 updated.

There seems to be a problem when the users try to change their password under
winxp and it says "you do not have permission to change your password"

I have unix password sync turned on, and the user unix passwords are not locked.

I did a search on the internet and it was one of microsoft's update fix that
caused this problem. however, i have found no solution to this problem.

It'd be great if there is a way for users to change their password in winxp on
their own, so i dont have to do it for them.

if there is a way to search for the answer to my question, please let me know.

I have tried asking in freenode irc channel and searching on the internet and
found no solution.

please let me know if more information needs to be provided.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--
God Bless You!