[Samba] Samba 3.09, Cups & slow Print Dialoge.

Walter Willmertinger willmertinger at consys.de
Tue Dec 7 16:24:02 GMT 2004

I had this problem for a long time after upgrading XP with SP2.

What I did, was recommended by Martin Zielinski <mz at seh.de>.
Go to the registry and delete local device modes for the samba printers.

use regedit and goto
        HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\
look for
    DevModes
or
    DevModes2
and delete the keys for the printers connected to samba printers.

So I had no problem any more and all seems to work.
I don't know what the devmode means, but it seems to be not very
important, as anything prints like before and also fast!