[Samba] ADS Authentication

Christoph Scheeder christoph.scheeder at scheeder.de
Tue Dec 7 11:48:41 GMT 2004

Hi,
2 points:
1.) use the smb.conf which gives you a working wbinfo.
2.) this sounds like missconfigured pam to me.
    -you have to tell pam that winbind is "sufficient" for "auth" and
     "account" with the lines

     "account   sufficient pam_winbind.so" and
     "auth      sufficient pam_winbind.so"

     this drops the need for the local posix-account.
    -And for the "auth" modify the line with pam_unix.so to read like

     "auth required pam_unix.so use_first_pass nullok"

     this gets you rid of the second password-prompt.

hope it helps.
Christoph