[Samba] Re: SAMBA / LDAP / Domain Password change problem - Repost, actually making some progress

Danny Paul jdpaul at gocolumbiamo.com
Mon Dec 6 19:52:29 GMT 2004

Hmmm.  Glad to hear WINS fixed some of the issues.

I checked out your slapd.conf and everything looks fine there.  I then
reread you previous posts and realized the computers and users are in
separate OUs.  PAM/NSS only allows for one OU for Users, and since a
machine to UNIX is just another user, they must all be in the same OU.

Try putting your machines and users in the same OU and changing all of your
config files to reflect this changes.

Also, make sure that the user you are using to add machines to the domain
has the right to do so.