[Samba] WinXP and Samba PDC Auth Problem

Aaron Smith aaron at pandora-net.com
Mon Dec 6 15:13:45 GMT 2004

Some further information.  If I go on to the XP machine, and
pull up the Security and Sharing information for the
Documents and Settings directory for my domain user, instead
of seeing the normal blue user icon and a name like DOMAIN\user
I see a greyed out icon with a red question mark and then the
SID for my domain user account.  If I try to Add a user, and tell
XP to list all available objects, I get a list of all the various
users and groups so it *CAN* read the information from the
Samba server.  Curiouser and curiouser...

Aaron Smith             		vox: 269.226.9550 ext.26
Network Director        		fax: 269.349.9076
Nexcerpt, Inc.          		http://www.nexcerpt.com

 	...Nexcerpt... Extend Your Expertise