[Samba] Network Write Error

John Acton jacton at acslink.net.au
Sun Dec 5 06:13:36 GMT 2004

I run a small network at home with two PCs running Win98SE, an NT4 server (actually SBS 4.5) and a Linux firewall (actually Smoothwall 1.0).

In the last week I have been getting the "blue screen" on both PCs (Network write error. You have no space available on the server)

The NT server has 2 HDs - first drive (4GB) has the operating system (C: drive has 2.5GB free) and the second drive (13GB)  has 3 4GB partitions (2.4GB free, 343MB free, 245MB free) so I don't think this is the "real" problem.

I cannot find any reference to this error on the MS Knowledge Base.

Can anybody offer an explanation (and a remedy?)

Regards,

John