[Samba] How do I stop the guest account printing?

Tim none at of.your.biz
Sat Dec 4 12:42:48 GMT 2004

Hi there.

I've had Samba running fo a while now on a machine that we use as a shared
file store. Not everyone who uses it has an account on the linux machine,
so it's setup with "security = share" to allow guest access to some of the
shares. But I've now attached a printer that I dont want guest access to.

This might be something really simple that I'm missing, but I can seem to
stop the guest account from using the printer! Is it something obvious? I
had thought that doing a "guest ok = no" in the printer share would stop
it, but I dont get asked for a password, and print jobs are logged (by
CUPS) as user nobody.

Anyone got any ideas? It's driving me MaAaAaD!

Tim.

Packages:
   Samba 2.2.12
   CUPS 1.1.22

Samba config:
[global]
   workgroup = FOO
   server string = File server
   security = share
   hosts allow = 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.0/16
   interfaces = eth0 lo
   bind interfaces only = yes
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   log level = 2
   syslog = 0
   invalid users = root bin daemon adm sync shutdown halt mail news \
                   uucp operator gopher
   socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
   veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/
   directory mask = 0755
   create mask = 0644
   character set = ISO8859-15
   client code page = 437
   domain master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   wins support = yes
   dns proxy = no
   username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
   encrypt passwords = yes
   load printers = yes
   printing = cups
   printcap name = cups
[store]
   comment = Shared File Repository
   path = /srv/samba/store
   writeable = yes
   guest ok = yes
   guest only = yes
   force group = samba
   # Create files read-only and let samba delete them
   create mask = 444
   delete readonly = yes
[temp]
   comment = Temporary Store