[Samba] Printer driver auto upload.

Pivert pivert at ibelgique.com
Sat Dec 4 11:23:20 GMT 2004

> When you browse to \\server\print$ in windows explorer can you create a new
> directory / file ?
Yes, I can.

Do you have a line like
printer admin = xyz
in your smb.conf?
Yes I have.

I made some tests with other computers (Thanks GSX server !) And it works, but
with windows 2000 only. Not XP

With 2000, everything works fine...
With XP, I can install drivers that have been installed with windows 2000, but
I cannot install drivers on the server with XP. The "New Driver..." button is
simply gray. (See the procedure at :
http://www.netadmintools.com/art258.html )

--
Software patents are threatening us : http://nosoftwarepatents.com