[Samba] Printer driver auto upload.

Andras Kende andras at kende.com
Sat Dec 4 10:21:29 GMT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces+andras=kende.com at lists.samba.org
[mailto:samba-bounces+andras=kende.com at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of Andras
Kende
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2004 4:18 AM
To: 'Pivert'; samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: RE: [Samba] Printer driver auto upload.

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces+andras=kende.com at lists.samba.org
[mailto:samba-bounces+andras=kende.com at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of Pivert
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2004 3:32 AM
To: samba at lists.samba.org

Le Samedi 4 Décembre 2004 09:37, Pivert a écrit :
> Hello !
>
> How can I configure samba to upload a particular driver when installing a
> printer shared. (cups + samba 3 + cups-pdf).
>
> In my particular case, I share a cups-pdf virtual printer and I would like
> samba to send the "HP Color Laserjet 8500 PS" driver when I connect to it.
>
> I've searched the web but didn't find any clear answer. It seems that a
lot
> of things are depreciated now, so please give me the tips or an updated
> howto page for doing this !!
>
> Thanks !

To be a little more precise...

The best howto I fount is :
http://www.netadmintools.com/art258.html

However, when comes the step to click the "New Driver" in the Advanced Tab,
The New Driver button is in gray and I can't click on it.

Of course I have read/write access to //server/print$/WIN32X86/

What should I do ?

When you browse to \\server\print$ in windows explorer can you create a new
directory / file ?

If not temporarily change to: read only = no

Also connect as : root

Andras Kende
http://ww.kende.com