[Samba] Samba/Kerberos problems: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Harald Milz milz at seneca.muc.de
Fri Dec 3 22:59:44 GMT 2004

sharif islam <sharif.islam at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:28:30 -0500, Lucas Machado
> <thru.being.cool at gmail.com> wrote:
> > user at mysambaserver:/usr/local/samba/bin$ ./smbclient //localhost/samba1 -k
> > session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

> I think if you don't provide the username it takes the local user. Try
> smbclient with the -u flag.

With -k, smbclient always appears to ignore -U. Had that at a customer site
last week. I could connect to a share but not see any of username's files.
As it seems, it connects as the user in "kinit -Uuser". I would have to
verify this in the source code, though - it is not obviously documented.

--
Real programmers don't comment their code.  It was hard to write, it
should be hard to understand.