[Samba] Samba/Kerberos problems: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Lucas Machado thru.being.cool at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 21:28:30 GMT 2004

I have followed directions in a recent article in Sysadmin magazine,
"Wedding Samba to an Active Directory Domain', but I cannot connect to
the samba server...

The samba server is able to get a ticket from the KDC, and access a
samba share on a windows client using Kerberos for authentication....

However, no machine is able to connect to my samba server.  I could
not connect using a windows client, nor could i connect using my samba
server as a client.

user at mysambaserver:/usr/local/samba/bin$ ./smbclient //localhost/samba1 -k
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

in the log.smbd file i get:
[2004/12/03 16:19:19, 1]
libads/kerberos_verify.c:ads_secrets_verify_ticket(147)
ads_secrets_verify_ticket: failed to fetch machine password
[2004/12/03 16:19:19, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(173)
  Failed to verify incoming ticket!

I have googled this but haven't found any solutions to similar
problems..I'm still looking, but if anyone can help me out that would
be great.
--
Cheers,
--Lucas Machado