[Samba] Profile inaccessable

Gregory Wilson gdw1 at cornell.edu
Fri Dec 3 17:38:08 GMT 2004

I figured something out for my issue. It seems like there are a lot of
changes from 2.x to 3.0.x. ;)

1] I needed to "net groupmap modify" my accounts so that ntgroup pointed
to the appropriate unixgroup.
2] logon path needed to be changed from
        \\%L\profiles\%u to \\%L\profiles\%U
3] I removed and re-added all the machines to the domain.

I would recommend checking #2 first before 1 and 3. 3 is especially
drastic.

Hope this helps.

Greg

--